Thread: Meh
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Meh

[ QUOTE ]
You're at the point that you're afraid your opponent will "put you on a hand" when you raise. What do you think your opponent puts you on when he's holding 99 and you call the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think a 2/4 player is less likely to give thought as towards what you hold when you don't raise him. (seems like a bit of sketchy repsonse, but I think it's fairly true).

[ QUOTE ]
How much are we losing when he has A5s? What about when he has JJ and is willing to call down (happens a LOT more often than you think).

[/ QUOTE ]
If he has JJ and just calls down, we miss 1sb. I don't think JJ is folding here very often (or, never), but we're potentially getting rid of slightly weaker hands like 99 or other smaller pairs. He doesn't need to fold here a very high % of the time for that 1sb extra value to not exist.

Against A9 or A5s or whatever we may miss a few bets, but he could also have AJ/AQ equally often and we're just paying off those extra bets. So I don't really see the value against these hands existing, in terms of putting in more than 1 raise anyways.

Also, you mentioned people have a tendency to not trust a flop raise. I think by the same token, people also have a tendency to call one last bet on the river.