Thread: Meh
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Meh

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
...but there's something that people subconsciously distrust so much about flop raises that flop raises tend to yield much better results than turn and river raises.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is a reasonable point, but I'm not sure I like it still in the context of this hand.

In this situation, we 3-bet pre-flop and then raise the AA board on the flop. I don't see how many players aren't going be concerned about this if they have 99-JJ. Not just that we may probably an ace, but that after we raise we might have QQ/KK. I think we risk them folding to much just to gain 1sb more than we would from a playing possum on the hand, by calling down or betting when checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're at the point that you're afraid your opponent will "put you on a hand" when you raise. What do you think your opponent puts you on when he's holding 99 and you call the flop?

If we know this guy has jack and he's going to bluff it but will fold if we ever raise him, then yeah, it's a great spot to wait for the river. But I'm not sure that's the case on this board. How much are we losing when he has A5s? What about when he has JJ and is willing to call down (happens a LOT more often than you think).

Rob