View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:01 PM

Default Re: 20% ITM on all Stars MTT\'s

The complaint lies in the fact that an additional 10% of the players are being paid out and the money is coming directly from the top payout spots to fund these additional payouts. I'm not a huge fan of playing 3-4 hours (standard time to get to the bubble in 1000+ entrant MTTs) just to make back my buy in plus 10%. I would prefer to completely lose that buy in and have an opportunity to win 25% of the prizepool for first place instead of 19.5%. These are the actual differences in payout. In a $3,000.00 prize pool that's a difference of $150 to the first place finisher. The biggest hits in ROI are to the final table which means money is being taken from these players' pockets and handed to players who couldn't make the cut.

Aren't people supposed to be rewarded for superior play? I think the 10% payout structure was just fine. Why should the top players be penalized because a large majority of the player base isn't capable of learning better strategies?

Consider this is coming from someone who is fairly new to poker and has yet to make a FT. When I do make it there I don't want to feel like I'm being short-changed, which is what the new 20% payout structure essentially does. I'm sure plenty of the top players in the Stars MTTs that are affected are unhappy with this change. I know I am.