View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 11:52 AM

Default 10-20 NLH -- 3 hands against the same villain

I wanted some feedback on three hands involving the same villain. Game is five-handed and not great, with only one weak player at the table (not the Villain).

Villain is immediately to my left in all three hands. I would describe him as "active", but not overly reckless. He calls a lot preflop if he has position. He is the kind of player that is willing to call one bet with a marginal holding and then reevaluate (i.e. try and outplay you) on the next street.

My image is aggressive but not stupid. I have been running pretty good for about 30 minutes, and have been putting money in the pot accordingly. I haven't bluffed much and I haven't been picked off yet.

Hand 1

Villain has $2200. I have him covered.

Preflop

I make it $75 to go one off the Button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Villain calls on the Button. Blinds BB calls.

Flop

K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $225. Villain calls.

Turn

6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I open push.

Hand 2

Villain has approximately $2100. I have him covered.

Preflop

I raise to $75 one off the Button with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. Villain calls.

Flop

3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I bet $125. Villain calls.

Turn

2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I bet $300. Villain minraises.

Hand 3

Villain has $2400. I have him covered.
Preflop

Good TAG raises to $75 UTG. I call with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the Button. Villain calls in the SB. BB calls as well.

Flop

K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Checks all the way around.

Turn

T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Blinds check to TAG, who bets $200. Based on the way the table had been playing, I believe that this means he has a T (maybe 1/3 of the time) or air/low pockets (the other 2/3 of the time), but I can't be sure of course.

I call. To my surprise, Villain calls in the SB.

River

6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Villain leads for $200. TAG folds.