View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 11:20 AM

Default Re: when to limp late in tournament?

Hi. I was the hero in this hand. I completely agree with your arguments betgo. I think my stack is too large to push, and becuase the original limper is so crazy loose, I don't want a coin flip with him because I can get my money in the middle much better than that. I also can't justify folding 6's when no pressure has been put in preflop.

By limping, I am probably getting position on 3 to 4 players, meaning that even if I don't hit a set, there's still a good chance of me picking up this pot postflop. Also, in the case where I don't flop a set and its checket to me, I can safely bet out 3K and fold if any pressure is put on me. After folding, I will still have 11K so I won't be crippled.

In the case where I do flop a set, I think there is a good chance of me doubling up becasue of the loose player UTG. I think I can give a free card if it is checked to me, even if there might be a draw on board, becuase I'll risk that late in a tournament for a better shot at doubling up. And if its bet to me, they might be committed when I push (I especially don't expect UTG laying anything down in this situation).