View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Is ND really deserving for BCS

[ QUOTE ]
Notre Dame 9-3 in 1998 and 2000 under Bob Davie...ND fans drinking the kool-aid and calling him the 2nd coming of Knute Rockne. 1997, 1999, 2001 they go 7-6, 5-7, 5-6 respectively. ND fans calling for Davie's head.

[/ QUOTE ] Davie was winning with Holtz's players and it took him a few years to figure out recruiting. By the time he did the hook was out. I think Davie would have been alright if he could have found someone to run the offense.

[ QUOTE ]
2002- ND goes 10-3 under Ty Willingham...ND fans again drinking the kool-aid. Ty is a gift from God himself.

[/ QUOTE ]This has already been discussed in the is Charlie Weis worth 10 years thread, but this team was doing it with smoke and mirrors. There were a few ND fans who got off their rocker, like I said earlier in this thread ND fans and Yankee fans are pretty much the same. But anyone who looked at that year could not have expected anything out of ND in the future.

[ QUOTE ]
2005 - The Irish are having a great season and ND fans are drinking the kool-aid yet again. All images of Knute Rockne in and around the stadium have been replaced with larger images of Charlie Weis. The Irish then get smoked 41-9 in a bowl game again by another school with the initials OSU.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you can't see the difference between this team and past Notre Dame teams you are out of your mind. If you can't understand how they will be able to recruit some of the best QB prospects in the nation you are just a moron. Brady Quinn went from working for UPS and maybe getting a shot as a free agent to possibly being a top ten pick next year. Yea, they will never be able to recruit. I can't imagine anyone will want to go there.

I'm not sure how these OSU fans think they can score 41, but I'll save that argument for when this game actually gets set.