View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Why can\'t I fold...i know exactly what he has...!

This is not a great situation for the PF call. You have a likely passive raise UTG with a pretty aggressive player yet to act. I think that the PF call is marginal, but not likely a big leak either way. I don't think that this is the most critical part of the hand for me.

I don't know how you check-call this flop, though. Your hand is not really strong enough to slow play with 4 players seeing a flush draw flop. This flop seems a natural for the check-raise. As it turns out, the turn card was a pretty safe spot for a raise, but couldn't you have found out where you stood on the flop? Once it gets to the turn, I don't see how you can fold easily to the 3-bet with those pot odds. Maybe you can peel one off on the turn, but the odds on the river after the CO folds are making it hard not to call.

I think that if you want to play this hand then you need to get aggressive on this flop when it hits, or otherwise toss it right from the beginning. If you make your play on the flop and meet resistence then you find out what you need to know early and save yourself some bets on the big streets.