View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 01:13 AM

Default Re: 10/20 AQs preflop

Seems like you might have been folding a bit too much there. Depends on the limits you are at. When I run bad, my stats tend to be the opposite. The percentage of showdowns I see stays the same, but my winrate at showdown plummits. I am not sure which is closer to optimal. Seeing less than 30% of showdowns in a medium stakes game could lead to being run over a bit. (At the same time, I think fears about being run over are often exagerrated.) You might also have missed a lot of draws lately, which would partly explain your recent stats.

In my last 20K hands (mostly played in October), I felt like I was playing well and running okay to good. I played mostly 10/20 with a little 15/30 added in, a mix of full and 6max with slighlty more 6max. My cumulative stats were:

Went to SD: 37.63%
Won $ at SD: 53.08%
Folded to river bet: 33.69%

I post these only to give you an idea of some stats that are (hopefully) somewhere in the neighborhood of optimal play (though not necessarily that close).

And, as you no doubt know, thinking about particular hands and situations is the key, and stats will usually work themselves out. But if I had datamined your recent hands and had you seeing less than 30% of showdowns, I'd be semibluffing raising you very liberally on the turn and following through almost always on the river until I saw you showdown a marginal hand.

Good luck at the tables. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]