View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:29 AM

Default Re: 10/20 AQs preflop

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw sweetjazz. I don't put the go to showdown % on my HUD, looks like this is probably a mistake. It's actually something I've not considered in a spot like this, and I love the thought here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's a mistake you should definitely fix, but not so much because of preflop spots like this. The go to showdown % is GREAT for deciding when to make thin value bets or not on the later streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice. This is exciting. I made a post about this stat probably 5 months ago trying to see how others used it, and I didn't get anything. This makes perfect sense now. I'm always a little slow picking things up in this game.

Since I've not messed with this stat, would you be kind enough to give me a quick example in a river situation where you examine this stat on a player? I'm assuming if the stat is high (I don't know what that # would be), value bets are easier.

Also, after how many hands does this stat start to become semi-reliable and what do you consider high or low? Does it get affected by other stats like AF does with VPIP?

Thanks.

Edit: I just pulled this out of CMI's work he did with winning SS players.

Went to SD %:

Mean: 31.73
Standard Deviation: 3.11
Min: 26.74
Max: 37.99
A one-half standard deviation range about the mean: 30.18-33.29

So, I'm assuming if I see a stat with low 20s or something of that nature, value betting marginals is not as good. Then if I see this stat in the upper 30s, low 40s or something, value betting marginals is a much easier decision. Do I have it right then?