View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:01 AM

Default Re: \"Official\" Live at the Bike thread (11/30) (50/100 NL)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If it is open raised and reraised in front of me, I will muck all pp's lower than 10s in most cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, so you just assume that a reraise after a raise is just too strong to call with anything below 10's. Isn't a set a set?? Just as powerful if you hit it. Or does the reraise generally price the implied out? If that makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK...so UTG open raises for 4xBB with XY, then UTG+2 reraises for 10x BB with YZ, I'm sitting in the CO with no callers to the reraise and look down at 88. First of all, my 88 is not the best hand preflop...in most cases, this pot will go heads up if I fold, if I call then at best it goes 3 ways, and it many cases original raiser will either FOLD or RERAISE.

I don't know is the situation you're referring to, it's just not worth it when you're seeing lots of strength in front of you to cold call the reraise just to hit a set in a most likely heads up pot.

Low PPs are meant for cheap entries and then easy dumps on the flop if you miss.

I'm not really a GAMBOOLER in NL, only with premium hands will I call two raises preflop...it's -EV to call a stiff reraise with a low pp in NL, you're not getting the post flop odds for others to hit their flop and you're hand to be well disguised.