View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 08:30 PM

Default Re: One year ago today, I...

One year ago today, I...

1. Played one scared table of Party .5/1 limit, with an occasional $5+1 mixed in when I was feeling daring.

2. Played without rakeback, and wondered how anyone could clear a $200 Party bonus in one week.

3. Had just discovered bonuswhores.com, but didn't understand most of its content.

4. Owned a couple Sklansky books, but didn't understand much, and hadn't found the website on the back. Definitely didn't know any 2+2ers.

5. Had a bankroll of $200, thanks to a big cash in a live MTT when I was hit in the head by the deck.

6. Played weak aces and broadway cards at all times.

7. Played on a 17" CRT...owned by my parents...after everyone else was done with the computer at night.

Since then, I have...

1. Progressed to confidently playing 1/2 at multiple sites, and the 16s at Stars, to work off half a dozen bonuses. Burned out on limit. Began concentrating on SNGs recently.

2. Still no rakeback (yet)...

3. ...but never play without a bonus, and am eternally grateful to bonuswhores.

4. Purchased, read, and re-read several other 2+2 books, and discovered the wealth of information on the site. Also began contributing, in an effort to learn and repay. Still don't know any 2+2ers, but then again Kansas isn't a hotbed of poker.

5. Clearing in the low four figures each month.

6. Am turning into a pushbot.

7. Bought a Dell 6000 notebook to four-table whenever I want. Best investment ever.