Thread: A8s turn bluff
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: A8s turn bluff

I considered but didnt elaborate on it, I agree with some of the rationale of this:

[ QUOTE ]
This is an attempt to eliminate the field and leave you heads up versus a weaker hand on the button. Because of the gutshots I don't see you eliminating any stronger button hand except possibly A9/A8. AQ/AT will call you down with a mixture of outs and distrust. Low pockets would have bet the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps you could also eliminate some pockets, however b/c I do not dismiss that possiblily.

I was more aiming at the subject title in the sense of a bluff, and I disagree with this:

[ QUOTE ]
I don't agree with the argument that you wouldn't play a king this way. It makes reasonable sense to check the turn in expectation that someone will make a play for this pot. At least it does against the right people.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a poor way to play your Kx hand given the action up to this point. Betting will more likely get calls from hands that shouldnt call, you may get to 3bet, and the possibility of giving many (potentially dangerous) free cards is much more likely b/c of the flop action.