View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: AK in trouble on the turn - hold\'em or fold\'em?

Very odd turn play from the villain ... the all-in lead bet makes me discount MOST hands that already have you beat (set, AJ, AQ, and KT). the only hand that has you beat that i could possibly see making this play is QJ (with which i could see a loose player limping UTG and calling the preflop raise and flop bet) ... even then, it's a poor way to play it but it seems more plausible than the hands i mentioned earlier.

this may be wishful thinking but i think it's likely that you're still ahead in the hand and the all-in turn bet means that the villain has a hand that picked up more outs on the turn ... e.g. some spade draw that now has a straight draw or paired up (T9s, QTs) or simply a straight or flush draw that making a desperate attempt to push you off a hand.

busting out with only TPTK on a scary board always sucks but i'd call simply because i wouldn't be able to make any sense out of that bet on the turn. a check-raise would have been much scarier and made a lot more sense from a hand that we are trailing ...