View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Turn/river play with KK

first, we have to bet this turn for sure, its just a very basic value bet, for reasons mentioned above.

if we are raised, in this particular case we have an easy call.

so we now find ourselves at the river with a pair of K's on an A high board agaisnt a single opponent who 3 bet PF, and raised the A high board on the turn. not a particularly nice situation to be in at all.

if our opponent bets when we check to him, we will be getting 10.5-1 on a call, which i personally think is *just* good enough to warrant a call, given that we have no info on the opponent. this is not based on any particular mathmatical anylysis (which you cant really do anyway against an unknown) so i could be off, but in my experiance we are shown some random hand we beat enough times to make calling profitable.

---

if the opp. just calls the turn, again i think we have to value bet the river. a raise here is cetainly more scary than a turn raise, but i just dont see how i could fold without some kind of decent read on the guy. either way it has to be *very* close id say.

the descision to call or fold the river if raised is the only one of the bunch that is really difficult i reckon. calling would not be terrible, folding would not be terrible. again, since we dont know the opponent, i tend towards calling when it is otherwise so close.

---

i havent really mentioned the suited nature of the board yet. yes, the guy could have made a flush on the turn, and equally he could be semi-bluff/ free showdowning a PP with a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], which in a way act almost to cancel each other out.

either way, i just dont think it swings things enough to impact on any of the individual descisions we might have to make.