View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: When is enough enough?

[ QUOTE ]
I also have stats reflecting the original poster, and a very modest winrate. Everyone on here makes it seem like having a 15-16 vpip is playing extremly tight, and really I just cant figure out how to get above this, It's like everyones hiding a secret or something of how to get to 18%. I just started playing some 6 max to try improve my steal/defending, but it's frustrating because i'm just getting run over there. I guess i'm just rambling now, but is trying out the 6 max games a good way for a 15-16% to go get to a 18-20%?

[/ QUOTE ]

In most cases, you can pick up the extra 2-3 points by stealing more aggressively and isolating on a loose limper when you're in LP with a borderline hand. And yes, 6max will (eventually) help you out a great deal in that regard. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Party 1/2 6max is ridiculously soft, and I would highly recommend that everyone make a stop there, at least before moving up to 3/6. Also, reading the HUSH forum on here is very helpful--there are some great threads on there about how to be properly aggressive in a 6max game, which you can find with a bit of searching.