Thread: Nitty? 2 hands
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 06:55 PM

Default Re: Nitty? 2 hands

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2-- I see no reason to bet that flop. It's WA/WB, so might as well check to make everyone think I've got crap.

Hand 1-- I saw the possibility of a really badly played bottom set, or 89, or lesser 2 pair. For some reason, I thought a worse 2 pair would bet the river, but I'd save money against 89.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do see that slow-playing Hand 2 made you susceptible to a raise from someone with any two cards? Bet the flop. I agree it is WA/WB and pot control is good, but do you really want ot project that the flop totally missed you? You do not want people to catch up and you do not want a small pp raising that weak river bet. If someone has an 8, find out before it gets expensive. An ace with a worse kicker will probably call you down.

Hand 1- I think you are seeing monsters under the bed (ie don't play scared). If villain plays monsters this passively consider yourself fortunate. I would lose some money (and it wouldn't bother me)if my AT wasn't good here. You have a hand that is bet worthy. No way villain bets or raises unless he has the mortal nuts with your check raise on turn, so if he raises back you can then consider (I only said consider) a fold.