View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 06:43 PM

Default why blyleven?

okay, seriously, why does he deserve to be in the hall. He is a lesser Don Sutton, and sutton only got in due to his 300 wins, which blyleven is 13 short of.

JoA, I know you trotted out the adjusted stats that that guy did, but I look at the raw stats and go by what I remember of Blyleven, and quite frankly, I don't remember him as a dominant pitcher. In fact, he was far from that. Blyleven is a very good pitcher, but is not one of the greats, therefore he doesn't deserve to be in the hall. He was never dominant and hung on for a long time.

Maybe I can be convinced as to his canidacy, but, I really need to be convinced. Trot out the stats that he actually had, and those that remember his pitching, please tell me how my opinion is wrong. I dunno, I just don't see any HoF worthy players on this list outside of Gossage and Sutter, and they are slim picks to be honest. If belle had been dominant for more years and hadn't been such a prick, I'm pretty sure he'd be in, but he won't, and he was much more dominant then blyleven was(yes I know that they play different positions, but teams were afraid of Belle, they weren't afraid of Blyleven)