View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 06:10 PM

Default Re: Really need help with this

Yes. As you find also that you get better and better you will experience this more and more because you come across many more marginal situations. The biggest source of my tilt comes from misplaying a hand where I knew the correct action and acted too fast or ignored my read.

When I started switching from TAG to LAG, I experienced tons of marginal situations and it was very easy for me to cross the line between aggressive play and tilt. Almost always it was because I felt I had made a big mistake. I think it's a big positive though, because this pride in your game allows you the ability to take it to the next level. I think about misplayed hands maybe a week after.

For what it's worth, I know a few poker players who experience the same thing. They are all pretty successful at 50/100 and above. If you have a high drive to win at poker and take great pride in your play there is really nothing that can stop you.

As for how to combat it, let me know because I could sure use it. I usually just really pissed off and sit with 1000 BB's on one table and 3bet the player that I hate the most. I've trained myself to quit once I notice that somehow my entire party account balance is on 1 table and has been that way for the last half hour. Oh well. Tilting is the new not tilting.