View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Overs- Worth building a side pot?

Villian in the hand fairly straight forward, nothing out of line while playing so far.

100NL, 9 handed:
SB (Villian): 85.50
BB: 19
UTG: 311.20
UTG+1 (Hero): 138.50
UTG+2: 34.75
UTG+3: 148.87
MP1: 42
MP2: 10
Button: 69.37

Preflop: Hero UTG+1 with T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts .50
UTG folds, Hero calls 1.00, UTG+2 calls, 3 folds, button calls, SB raises to 5.00, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 and button both fold. Pot= 18

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Villian bets 10, BB raises to 14 (all in), hero raises to 34, Villian calls. Main Pot = 58, Side pot = 35

Turn Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villian checks, Hero checks

River: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villian bet 16, Hero ???

Preflop with TT in early position, I mix it up. Mostly raise, sometimes call and play for set value like this time. I rerasied the BB on the flop, hoping the villian's flop bet was a continuation bet. I was trying to get heads up against the short stacked BB. When that backfired I was unsure where I stood. I checked behind the turn trying to exercise pot control on the side pot. Anyone think a follow up on the turn warranted? I was afraid that putting much more in would have pot committed the Villian, and I would have been a little uncomfortable calling an open push on the river. I could probably make an arguement for any action on the river, how would you play it and why? Results to follow- Thanks