View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Re: im in satellite bubble hell - EPT rebuy sat

This is really tough, I started replying to your post and I'm still not sure what to do, I love playing satellites where the top x get the same prize, I think they are my best game.

My gut says you gotta push, the fact that there is another short stack will actually help you. It means that MP1,CO,and Button wont risk over half their stack to bust you without AA,KK,and maybe AK. They will wait for the big stack in the BB to call. MP2 and SB obviously wont call without those premium hands either.

Its a tough call cause BB will probably call and if he has an ace or king you might be in trouble. It looks like if all the short stacks fold around then you will be first to be put all in in a blind, actually you will survive your SB the 2nd time around with 56 chips but you will be all in on the ante before the other short stacks get put all in.

The only other option I can think of is to fold past your blinds, and then when another short stack is in the BB you have to raise his blind and hope he doesnt call. That doesnt seem likely as you will be even shorter and you could get multiple calls at this point. The last option is keep folding and hope someone makes a donkey play, not really out of the question in the online world.

Still, I think you have to push, In these situations you always want to avoid playing a pot but the exception is when you are the player who would be put all in first if everyone folded their blinds. In this case, you have to do the extreme opposite, and be super aggressive and push these two queens.

I feel much better about pushing now that I have written all this.

--LoO