View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 04:29 PM

Default Re: General Q, late, bit short, live, KQo, push vs limpers?

The first limper is the most important, he's probably the only one who has the potential to trap. Anyone else limping behind would have probably raised to prevent a multi-handed pot. If you know the first limper can limp with trash like JQ etc... then definitely do it. Many players like to limp in w/ medium pairs and these hands will almost always call you unless its a good player who can get away from a hand like that and respects your tight image. Even then, you likely a coin flip which is probably worth the risk to try and pick up all that dead money. You'll rarely run into a big pair if you pay attention to your players and know the first limper's style. I'd probably stay away from the play if the limper seems real tight. I like using the play as long as I don't do it too often where people will start making calls w/ 55 and 66 etc... In addition, don't be afraid to try this play with hands like AA or KK (the huge raise...) people are always suspicious especially at cheap buy in events. Hands like medium suited connecters are also good for this play because the right image can and right first limper creates huge fold equity and even if you are called you'll be live and probably only a 3:2 dog rather then being dominated with a hand like KQ or KJ. If you've done this play before make sure you have the goods the next time around.

I like this kinda play, it has busted me out of tournaments when I coulda just waited but I think it has helped me more than it has hurt me.