View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Rakeback (am I missing something)

Hey everyone....can somebody explain to me what it is that I'm missing about Rakeback. Every other post I read people seem to talk like Rakeback changed their (poker) life. And I don't understand why. Let me explain what I am doing right now and if anybody could explain to me what I'm missing, that would be great.

Right now I am playing the 6 person $35-3 SNG tables at Bodog. I will use my November numbers as the reason why I just don't get it.......in the month of November I played 102 tournaments....and I made almost $2,300 this month (my best month yet) playing in my SNG's. Now I gave Bodog $3 for each tournament so that's $306 (102 tournee's X $3) each. From what I have read about Rakeback, it looks like getting 25% back is pretty common.....so in November if I did rakeback (which I don't think I can get through Bodog), I would have gotten another $76.50 ($306 X 25%) back. Now with $2,300 profit, I don't see how $76.50 is such a big deal. Now, I don't think I will always run this good as my ROI in November was over 60% and I understand it will go down and hence my profits will go down and hence my RakeBack % to profit ratio will normally be higher than this month, but I still don't get it. Every single person seems to think that Rakeback is just HUGE for them and I'm sure they're not crazy....so somebody....please tell me what I'm missing because I don't see why RakeBack is such a big deal.

Thanks ahead of time for your answers