View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 03:37 PM

Default General Q, late, bit short, live, KQo, push vs limpers?

Hi, I'm new to MTT's. From memory: My image is tight or no image at all due to 3 players just moved to table. I have KQo on the button. 2 or 3 limp to me. Top 7 pay w maybe 30 left. This is a supersatelite here in St. Kitts. My stack is big enough that I certainly have fold value and I think I have a fair bit of fold value but my stack is small enough that if I don't start getting delt some great hands the blinds will reduce my stack such that fold value is basically gone and I wont survive. Not sure, maybe 5-10 bbs left(maybe more) and actually a medium(or just under) stack at the table as we had a drunk slowing us down-our table didn't break in over 5 hours.

I was tempted to push but decided to be patient. Is pushing a reasonable play here or a manditory play or not recommended at all?

Maybe similarily, A7o late folded to me, I'm 2 off button at a similar point in tourney as mentioned above - I was tempted to push, is that ok? I saw others commit all in w such a hand - and even worse of course.

thanks very much, sorry this is so long and from memory.