View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Continuing the rating discussion...

I was about to start this thread myself, cause I have a theory.

there are two kinds of girls we see here.

1) Girls we might, one day, if our game is on point and the stars align, get to rail.

These girls are rated hotter than normal because we are comparing them to the chicks we see in bars, go on dates with, work with, etc. they are above average when compared to everyday life.

2) The chicks that Michael Vick, Justin Timberlake, Brad Pitt, etc. get to bang. if Justin didnt get butt humped, that is.

We bash these ladies because we're comparing them to all the other models, actresses, goddesses, etc that we know we'll never so much as talk to. somehow the ordinary chicks are exempt from this comparison almost like we'd never compare a college football team to an NFL team because even the worst NFL team would romp on USC or Texas' [censored], and then spit on the remains.

A lot of times my friends get into these discussions, Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz are the two classic examples. I have numerous friends who don't think either of them are hot. No [censored] man, that's cause you're comparing them to Angelina Jolie and Keira Knightley. In reality, if any of us saw either of those 'not hot' chicks in a bar, we'd totally lose our [censored] and they'd easily be the hottest chick in the bar. FWIW, I think both of these ladies are very pretty, I was just using the example since it's ciome up in my real life conversations.

it's become apples and oranges, but really they're all still girls.