View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: Really need help with this

see its not the downswings that make me upset. i understand that in poker, it will happen, theres no avoiding it. i mean just an hour ago i lost a tourney heads up KJ vs JT. that doesnt bother me, i made the best play i could, and thats all i can do. what makes me upset is when i make the mistake. i mean maby im to hard on myself because i think i have alot of potential, and i always keep pushing myself to get better and it just makes me mad when im makeing totally retarded plays that i know are wrong. like in that same tourney, i had top pair and the 3rd flush card came on the river. but i sitll called off half my stack to see his hand. its like maby i cant trust myself enough to make that laydown beause he MITE be bluffing.

heres my thinking on that hand: "o he mite be bluffing i should call" instead of" would this player bluff me in this situation? what does my top pair beat that he would bet with? will this call make me $ in the long run?"

either im just not thinking and acting to fast, or i just cant trust my judgement.