View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 02:01 PM

Default Re: what is the best buy-in to gain MTT experience

I also really like the MTTs and have been funding my "lessons learned" from my ring game profits. A few of my lessons:

1. Be cautious during the first orbit. Double or die is a popular strategy by players who don't want to commit 3 hours without a good start.

2. Keep the tournament lobby open during your play. I usually keep it on the BOTTOM of the field, not the top. I find this far more encouraging when cold decked for an orbit or so. It also gives you real time M & Q data for your calculations.

3. Develop your READS and rely on them. I'm amazed how many times someone at my first table ends up against me later ITM.

4.. Keep reading HOH. It takes a few passes to get the nuances - esp. the play tight at a loose table, and LAG at a tight table (within reason). If you can't steal at some point, you won't make it. Your image is your best steal weapon.

5. Have FUN! Its only $10 for several hours of play. About the same as a movie, but with upside!

6. When you do FT and win, DON'T WAKE THE KIDS! That really sucked! but now I can enter and lose 60-70 more MTTs and still be +$$.

Good Luck!