View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 01:12 PM

Default Re: QQ Turns a set on a 4-flush board - overplayed?

[ QUOTE ]
How do you figure "the odds are that UTG does not actually have a flush"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking from a strictly mathematicaly point of view, heads-up on a four-flush board, the odds of villain actually having a flush are about 1 in 5. That being said, I actually put him on a flush. As you said, he most likely wouldn't have called on that flop without at least 1 heart.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if he does not have a heart, what do you expect him to call your gigantic overbet with? He'll certainly call it with any heart he called the flop with but he may fold AT, A9, AQ, pocket pairs and other hands you want him to call with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding him out was my intent, entirely. This play was mainly a bluff, with outs to a real hand (yes, a semi-bluff heh). A normal-sized bet would have resulted in a call from any heart, even the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. A check would have resulted in a bet, and based on villain's previous history, it was possible the bet would be too large to call.

So I figured that I had one of two choices: Bash him over the head and hope to take it down now or check/fold. Based on the way the table had been reacting to me, I chose to bash.