View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you have much if any chance of picking it up outright, and the button folding doesn't do much for you because, position or no position, that whole line of thinking...you're already planning the second barrel of the bluff after you start with the first.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously I don't make this flop bet often. Thing is on this particular hand I see two players who I have position on who it really looks to me like they have given up on their hand, and if they havent are likely to cr anyway and end the hand. I really thought the bet had a chance of winning close to the requisite 1/3 times, which is fine since i only bet 1/2 pot. Also, while I'm not planning on betting the turn when I make the flop bet, its certainly a possibility, but really I never expected to have the chance. If the guy behind me calls, I'm done, if the guy who likes to cr the turn calls, I'm done, and if anybody crs the flop, I'm done. The one outcome which might lead me to bet the turn happens...so I followed through (which I won't always do here).

[ QUOTE ]
It smacks of that really gross Barron VangorThoth hand in the magazine last month.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well thats just mean and uncalled for.

[ QUOTE ]
Your 'bluff' here had better be with the best hand because he's not folding so much as red JJ, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does that come from? What leads you to believe he will call with these hands? This is a pretty important point because my bet is based on folding out 99/10/JJ with the draw. I really think he is folding these hands here (as he should).