Thread: Middle set.
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Thoughts and results

[ QUOTE ]
I think you should bet this river. I really don't think he will have any incentive to bluff there river with the interest you have shown in the pot so far. Pots so big that I think you can get some calls here from an over pair or two-pair if he got frisky with TJ on the flop.

As for flop, if you have any good reads on the other 2 in the pot as calling stations and villian is apt to pot the flop after a raise you might consider using your good relative postion to get a big check raise in on the flop. If the other two are fit/fold types of course go with the lead, but just something to consider.

When leading I vote for a closer to pot-size bet, so if he raises it has to be bigger and then you can either 3-bet or lead the turn for a larger amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the lead on flop should have been pot-sized, this is a leak of mine. And I also agree just pushing the the river is correct. It's just a reflex of mine to c/c when board 4-straights like this, but as you said a 9 is unlikely (as is 2 spades) and he might feel inclined to pay off w/ an over pair or 2-pair since the pot is so big.