Thread: Middle set.
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Thoughts and results

A flop 3-raise I think lets his most likely holding, over pair or TPTK, pretty easily off the hook. The alternative IMO is pushing, representing a monster draw, but people in general have trouble calling those even though it's "obvious" I have a draw (that's why you make them w/ monster draws).

The thoughts about leading weakly on the turn are intereseting and they did not strike me when I played the hand. I don't like check-raising for several reasons: a) he might very well be drawing, b) we're still deep and a check-raise will only be called if beat IMHO (or by a monster draw)(not to say I wouldn't check-raise a draw here, because I would, but I doubt it will be called c) It's quite transparent and he will check a ton of holdings IMO, and there are alot of action-killing/hand-killing river cards I'd hate to see.

Anyway, I bet $90 on turn, he called. River was the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], I checked with the intention of calling any bet, he checked behind w/ K K and MHIG.