View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 04:33 AM

Default Re: How much $ per day for you to turn pro?

[ QUOTE ]
I am curious to see what type of responses everyone gives here.

What amount of money would you need to average per day playing poker to quit your regular job and become an online poker pro.
By quitting your job you will be losing health benefits and the office enviornment where you have social interaction. At the same time you will no longer have deadlines or have to commute to work.

Is it $150 a day? $250 a day? $1K a day?

[/ QUOTE ]

$100 a day, and cutting back from 40 hours at my job to 20, or maybe 25, would be awesome. Play 5 days a week averaging 100 a day, and work 20 hours at my job. At 40 hours, and taking as much work as I can in those 40 hours I make between 2k and 2.4k per month. Cutting back to say 25 hours, and putting in the time to do a fun "job" with 15-25 a week, with 2 days off - great. I can handle $2900-3000 a month gladly. At that point I could still give myself time off from poker to still really enjoy the game, taking 2 days off a week.

<shrug> This question isn't really about turning pro, it's about what you have when you don't turn pro. If you've got a great paying job, you'd be a fool not to stick the job out. If you make [censored], but manage to acquire money on the poker table and make yourself have a little bit better life because of your *skill*, well that's the way the American Dream is supposed to be. Using a skill to carve yourself out a great life the American Way. Earning it.