View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 04:31 AM

Default Re: Another Comp Build Post

Sean, Soltek makes great motherboards. Theyre very user friendly, especially if you'e never built a system before. The only reason I suggested looking at some others is because it may be difficult to get support for those mobos since Soltek has stopped making them. Then again, they may provide great future support. Soltek is a great company and their mobo bundles are great, so unless youre worried about support issues I say go for it.

As far as the difference between the San Diego and the Venice processors I doubt that the average user would notice much of a difference. Some people will say that they noticed a big difference with the extra cache, some will say they didnt notice any difference at all. As far as the ghz is concerned its not that much of a difference. In fact you could easily overlock the 3200 Venice with stock heat sink and fan to 3700 speeds. In fact, thats what most computer geeks do. They save some extra dough by purchasing the cheaper 3200 and overclock it to San Diego speeds.

The Antec is a great PSU. Good choice. Aspire is not a brand renowned for its reliability, but Antec is.

-Mike