View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Preflop question regarding KJs, please post opinion

[ QUOTE ]
einbert,

would you also say you disagree with the example in MLHP? imnot saying that every example in that book is infallible, i just remember this particular one when this hand came up when i made my decision. there are still 6 people behind me (11 handed game) any of which could easily have a hand better than mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I would disagree with the example in the book. In that spot, particularly against loose limpers, I would raise every time.

The suitedness of your hand adds a lot of robustness and additional power in a multiway pot (this aspect wouldn't be so important if the pot were HU or threeway). So you don't mind making the pot larger since you are going to flop good draws a decently bigger portion of the time than if your hand were KJo.

You might find that twoplustwo posters, also twoplustwo authors, will frequently disagree with other poker authors' opinions on how to play certain hands. I'm sure the book you quoted is a great learning source, and I would say the difference between raising and calling here is fairly small in terms of EV. But ultimately it is my opinion that raising is better.

Good luck,
einbert