View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 03:32 AM

Default Remind me please---30/60 Hand

30/60 on Party. I have lost in this spot a few times tonight, so I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.

UTG--42/12, will call any number of bets when he calls the flop

Button--No stats, but has played a lot of pots so far, and been pretty passive

SB--42/14/1.6--bad player, and a agressive(but not insane), from what I can tell.

All relevent characters limp to me in the BB, where I raise black aces, and all call.

The flop is T95 and 2 spades. I bet, UTG and the button call, and now the SB checkraises.

My read of the SB is he is someone that would think that T8 is gold, and is checkraising because he thinks his hand is best(and he is certainly not folding). The question I have is whether to 3 bet now(does knowing that UTG will call 2 more, even with one overcard, change the answer?), or to wait until the SB bets the turn(which he probably will unless it is an ace or king) and then try to raise the other 2 out of this growing pot.

It seems like I 3 bet the flop so often there, and they all call(because they cant lay down a pair or inside straight draw there), and then I bet the turn and river, and they are correct to call. The mistake has been made on the flop by them(in calling 3 bets), but I sure wish I could get them to fold somehow.

Jason