View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Re: Results

Yuck. Yuck yuck yuck.

OK, you call PF, fine. So you have one pair and you bet the red flop into 3 people as basically a bluff. I don't think you have much if any chance of picking it up outright, and the button folding doesn't do much for you because, position or no position, that whole line of thinking...you're already planning the second barrel of the bluff after you start with the first. You see where the problem with this is? It smacks of that really gross Barron VangorThoth hand in the magazine last month.

So you bet and get a call (unsurprising, someone has a diamond or a Q or *something*) and you get to the turn. I think your AdKx read might be correct but he could be slowplaying, could have AdQx (or QQ?), and you also picked up a gutshot. This is a gutsy bet but I don't hate it *if* you are so sure of the AdKx read that it's a value bet. Otherwise, you're firing half your stack on the second barrel and you just know there's gonna be a third.

Yay, river blank. Yay, he checks. Your 'bluff' here had better be with the best hand because he's not folding so much as red JJ, IMO. I don't hate this bet as much as the flop bet but it's pretty close.

I dunno man, I think you screwed this up on at least two streets.