View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 01:31 AM

Default Re: 88 Live at the Bike. 30/60

[ QUOTE ]
obviously my problem isn't SB. Sure, my read may be off, but I am pretty sure that it he is spewing. But what about UTG calling 2 cold on the flop, and 2 more cold on the turn? He is the kind of guy who doesn't know how to fold a pair, but he'd give up on overcards by now, right? Having played with him, I'm pretty sure he does. I also don't think he is raising 66/77 PF.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow this hand got out of control. Here's my take on it...

PREFLOP: To me this is a fold, 88's do not play well against the range of this raiser in his position, but if you re gonna play it, it looks to me that you would be better off just cold calling since judging by the texture of this table 3 betting will never get you heads up with the initial raiser. Cold calling and play for set value seems to be the best option at this table if youre are going to play, however I still think folding is your best option in this spot.

Lets fast forward to the TURN: I believe in your read on the wild player even after he checkraises the turn, but there is still chance your read is wrong, and it is pretty clear to me at this point that the initial preflop raiser has a better hand than you and he is not folding. Another thing thats important is it is always possible that the wild player has J5. I would fold the turn to the checkraise more so becuz the UTG+1 called than the action of the wild player, but the small chance the wild player does have a 3 or a jack does contribute to why I would fold the turn. I know the pot is big but I just dont see how youre ahead here often enough to justify continuing in this hand.

Side note: If you feel compelled to stay in this hand, just call the turn checkraise, reraising would be insane.