View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Ah, help me? (3r insane board)

why did you check the turn? if you weren't planning on check-raising, you should have just led the turn. check-folding to an approx. 1/2 pot-sized bet when you hit your boat seems puke-worthy to me.

given your read, leading the turn with a bet is the only play that really makes sense to me. that way, you can somewhat confidently fold to a raise since (assuming you read him correctly), the villain isn't going to raise the turn with anything less than Kings full.

once you've checked the turn, i think you have to, at the very least, call down to the river. you've got the villain covered by a wide margin and even if the villain ends up putting you all-in and you're beat, you've still got over 20x BB which is short-stacked at the table but by no means a death sentence.

the only reason i'm checking the turn is to either 1) check-raise or 2) induce a worse hand to continue to bluff at me. i prefer leading the turn (in order to leave myself an escape route) to both of these lines.

i'm nowhere near good enough to check-fold this hand.

p.s. by the way, how did you determine your read on the villain in the first place?