View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 09:02 PM

Default Re: Free Card Play - Wrong spot ??

[ QUOTE ]

Interested in comments on the flop play, at the time it seemed like a good spot to go for a free card, position, 2 passive villians, along with overcard+gutshot. I had assumes UTG had a T or Q from his betting out as he seemed too passive to bet a draw.

Cryptologic 0.25/0.50 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">7 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.60 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

You only have 3 clean outs to your gutshot and you are way vulnerable to redraws. You would use the free card play to save yourself an extra .5BB that you would spend to get to the river. Are you going to the river with this hand? I think you barely have odds to call the flop bet. If you whiff the turn, you would fold. I think your "free" card is too expensive.

Call flop, fold turn if you miss.