View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 07:32 PM

Default Results

Ok here we go. I had 56 of spades. Preflop the call is ok, so is a fold. Here's what I saw on the flop. Preflop raiser checks, this seems like a give-up to me (or going for a cr with a big hand). Aggresive tricky player checks, and I think he bets the majority of the time here if he likes his hand. So, I actually think I have a pretty good chance to pick up the pot here. Plus I really want the button to fold here so I can play the rest of the hand in position. Well the button folds as planned, but the original raiser calls. WTF!? So its HU to the turn. He checks again, and now I try to put him on a hand. My gut says a badly played AK+flush draw or JJ/1010+flush draw. Still a chance he's being weird and slowplaying I guess, and also a chance of AQ /AA/KKwith or without hearts. Generally though I think he leads the flop with those, as he isn't really tricky. So I decide to fire again. Once again he calls. Well if he was slowplaying I doubt he's calling again there when it looks like I'm pretty committed to the pot. So the river blanks and he checks what i think is a missed draw 1 more time. Time to get him to fold JJ/1010/99 and hopefully maybe AQ/KQ although I doubt he's good enough to fold those. Then again I just dont see him checking any hand better than JJ on the flop. The fact is that its generally hard for me to be bluffing, but every once in a blue moon if you show up with air here it protects the vast vast majority of time when you have the flush or full house (which is generally what I'd play this way).