View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Suicide pool picks -- your opinion please

[ QUOTE ]

The teams I have taken this year are: New England, the Jets, Eagles, Baltimore, Indy, Seattle, Washington, Pittsburgh, Jacksonville, Carolina, Denver, and Cincinnati.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some really terrible matchups next week that i think you could also exploit, of teams that you might never consider playing. Its an intersting approach to take late in a survivor set like this - go off the wall but exploiting a serious talent mis-match and you might be able to win or make up serious ground on the remainders if there's a big upset.

there's almost always a big big upset at this stage of the playoff picture. You've got teams on the bubble trying very very hard to win, and teams who've got a game or two lead slacking just a little and getting spoiled by a serious underdog. Its just empirical, but its a trend that's there...

Here's a couple off-the-wall for next week, if you take SD this week:

Oakland at the Jets. Jets are #30 rush defense. Lamont Jordan, meet the Jets Endzone. Jets Endzone, meet Lamont Jordan. Oh, you've already met three other times today? My fault...

Titans playing Houston at home. As bad as the Titans are this year, they beat Houston by two TDs in Houston earlier in the year.

Week 15 you've got Arizona at Houston or St. Louis playing a free-falling Philly team at home (assuming Fitz looks as good this week and next as he did last week).

Just some food for thought.