View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Steve Dannenmann at Taj Mahal 5-10

I was playing at the Taj 5-10 on Monday night when who plops down in the 10 seat but Steve Dannenmann. He strolled in with a Heineken and 2 black chips in his hands. He sat down and quipped "I usually play 4-8 but they don't have that here so I have to play 5-10...this is high for me" He also said that we hade nothing to worry about because he sucked at limit poker. He was right as I saw him drop $350 before he left. He was a really nice guy, chatting it up with everyone and joking and laughing. He told a few WSOP stories and was really friendly. One very funny hand. SD is on the button and a new player to the table is in the SB. One MP caller, SD calls, SB raises. BB folds. MP calls. SD calls. Flop comes 4-5-6. Steve Dannenmann starts laughing saying how he didn't like that flop b/c that was the flop that he lost to Hachem with. SB checks. MP checks. SD bets. SB calls. MP folds. turn blank. check check. river blank SB checks and Steve Dannenmann bets and begs the SB to call. He even tells him that he could give him the bet back. SB thinks..then mucks his AK face up. Dannenmann shows 3-7 for the flopped straight.....the same hand that Hachem beat him with. The whole table erupted with laughter. Pretty funny. He also had another funny comment about how he read Harrington's book (Part 2) just before the WSOP but didn't get a chance to read the Heads Up part but figured he would'nt need it...whoops." It was a fun night to be playing poker....oh yeah..and I crushed the game for 70BB in about 6 hours. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]