View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Hell With This, etc.

You know what, this hand sucks and the more I think about it, the less interesting the post-flop decisions are. I guess I was really mostly curious about preflop, to see if the reads change anyone's action from the standard fold to a call. But no, being OOP sucks and expecting a lot of action sucks. 8/10 times I make this fold and don't think twice, but I called and ended up getting trapped in a hand with a draw.

Here's the flop action, because I think it's also potentially debatable:

So I called PF the second time getting 7:1, and 4 of us saw the flop for 16sb.

Flop comes 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. A gutshot and backdoor flush. I check, BB checks, EP bets, MP calls, I call (I don't think anyone can argue for a fold getting 18:1, and a raise seems really spewy, so this decision appears obvious). BB now checkraises, and EP 3-bets, and MP cold-calls again.

Now what? I'm getting 25:2 but not closing the action. If it gets capped I'm getting 29:3 with the slight chance that someone else has a 6 and a 5 only gives me a chop (but a spade gives me another draw). This is a call, right?