Thread: HUH?? NL 200
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Re: HUH?? NL 200

I think with a hand like TT you have to decide if you are going to play it passively for set value, or if you are going to attack with it. If you are going to play for set value, call pf. If you are going to play it aggressively, you need to raise more preflop to drive out players. It sucks playing TT oop with multiple people behind you.

I think your pot bet on the flop is fine. I probably would have bet less though, around 3/4 the pot. There are 2 reasons I bet 3/4 the pot instead of full pot.

1) If someone has the flush, they probably aren't betting the full pot here. They want to keep some customers so they more likely to bet 1/2 to 3/4 pot. I will do likewise to better camoflauge (sp?) my hand. Some people will interpret your full pot bet as a "I'm afraid of the flush" bet and, even if they don't have a flush, will call and try to push you out if a flush card or overcard hits.

2) 3/4 pot gives someone incorrect odds to call on the diamond draw, but it also keeps the pot smaller, giving you more options on the turn.

The Kd on the turn is a bad card for you being oop and given the flop action. Checking and folding to a big bet is ok here. I mean, jeez, someone called your pot bet on the flop cold and a terrible card hits? What are you going to do, bet half the pot and fold to a big raise? Better to check/fold.

But your opponent bets $8 into a $60 pot. That is a weak player's move. He probably has a little something, perhaps a K, without a flush. Maybe he has a pair smaller than T. But even a weak player can sense you are afraid. But it looks like he is afraid too. You can't fold to an $8 in a $60 pot. You can checkraise or call. I'll make the call.

Given that you called and the pot is now $76, I cannot see how you can possibly fold to an $8 bet on the river. That is horrible.