View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: My gambler friend thinks online poker is boring

[ QUOTE ]
Not trying to hijack the thread and probably nobody cares about this anyway, but if a bunch of games are 99%(HA is 1%) individually, then they simply can't be +EV when they are put together.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with your premise. But perhaps the OP's friend's position needs to be clarified here. It is quite easy for "losing" vp games to become +EV when you factor in other cash or cash-equivalent items that you receive as a result of your play. However, these opportunities are fading fast in Tunica as well as other parts of the US. I suspect this is why the OP's friend had any interest in on-line poker at all. I know several vp pros who have turned to live poker in the past 18 months due to declining vp opportunites.

I will have to add that the OP's friend must be a heckuva marketing genius to get people to sign up for a pay-site for Tunica vp. With an hour searching free vp websites and an hour or two of legwork, it'd be hard to miss an opportunity in Tunica. The $800+ vp opportunities that appeared there from time to time are long-gone. And no website would have alerted you to such a play or afforded you the opportunity to get on a game as there are simply too many knowledgeable players around who would "lock up" that play for themselves and their team-mates.

In years past I played quite a bit of vp in Tunica. However, it is hard to find anything justifying any play at all there now--assuming you are playing for profit and not for room or food comps.