View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 05:26 PM

Default Re: 20/40 serious aggression - I\'m a LAGaholic. T9o

Okay, my thoughts(yes, there were thoughts, despite this looking like a complete trainwreck):

On the flop he's representing an Ace. However, I expect this opponent to 3bet most aces preflop. He's been raising lots of flops, and could be doing it with any pair or any draw. I had been discussing the concept of "putting the last bet in when you suspect you are both on a draw" with another mid-high stakes poster last week, and I thought this might be an opportune spot.

If he's semibluffing a club and I put the last bet in on the river, I win when we both miss. If he's c/r'ing a small pair and I 3bet/lead he may well fold on this dangerous board, and I've got a ton of outs against him. Worst case is an A with a club leaving me drawing nearly dead, but IMO he'd 3bet most aces pf so that's not as likely.

Now, the river is just spewage. When he bets this blank he's not folding to a raise... at the time I was just thinking "You ruined my line!" and imagined him doing it with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Tx as a last-ditch bluff since he missed and pulled the trigger - I think i cost myself nearly a full 2 bets on the river.

Surf