View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 04:57 PM

Default Re: 180 @Stars - last two tables

I think you went wrong preflop. Your raise is way too big. If you are going to put in nearly half your stack, you should have just pushed it all in preflop here. Now you are staring at a 7.2k bet into a 40k pot and you only have 25k behind.

I think a better raise preflop would have been to about 3x his bet or about 10k. This would have left you with 35k and only a 20k and you would have been able to make a play at the pot or get away from it a lot eaiser.

Also you could argue for a call here as you have position on UTG and it isn't really smart when you are second in chips to play for all your chips against the only guy who can bust you. I'd rather play a smaller pot in position and keep my solid grip on second place position. Especially considering that you are above average in chips for the final table already.

As it stands you have left yourself in a difficult position. You either have to go all in here or fold and I'm leaning towards a fold since you still are in good position with as many chips as second and I can't see you beating a lot of hands here or getting a fold from UTG.