View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Re: Shark or Donk? Preferred image?

[ QUOTE ]
Also, if you want more action, how do you pursue it?

[/ QUOTE ]
It's been said, but definately the best way to get action is to give action.

You say you're spewing chips when you play a lot of weak hands, and it's a given that when you play many weak hands that many of them are going to be unprofitable.

To try to lessen the impact of this, I always try to pick spots where I can get in the pot with weak/predictable players who are easy to move off hands. This way, you can pick up a lot of small pots, and show the others that you're willing to gamble. (Always remember the importance of position, also, when choosing when to play weak hands.) All the while, try to play solid hands against the calling stations. When people start catching on/playing back at you, tighten up a bit, and hope you catch some cards.

Any money lost with your weak hands (and this really shouldn't be too much) should be easily recovered when you flop a monster and you're against a calling station or somebody who's been dying to make a play at you.

[ QUOTE ]
Make image plays?

[/ QUOTE ]
This seems to imply that you're making a play for the sole purpose of advertising. Personally, I try not to do this. I just try to make plays that I think are +EV, and if they're good for my image too, sweet. In other words, I don't re-raise from the BB with 92o just so I can show it down, I do it because the opener raising light and is very likely to lay down the hand. If I feel like the table has been playing weak-tight, or if it will tilt the guy, maybe I'll show it.

[ QUOTE ]
Be flamboyant and talk a lot?

[/ QUOTE ]
I try to do some of this also, but this is more of a general table thing than anything specific to my image. If the game gets real quiet, people aren't usually having fun. When people aren't having fun, the games tend to become a bit of a nit fest. Again, if this helps with my specific image, all the better. If you feel like you're spewing tells, just don't talk during your hands. Talk when you're out of a hand. Try to be consistant here, because many people are spewing huge tells when they talk during their hands.

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm just bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]