View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Low PP + Gutshot then 1card OESD: I wanted to bet the turn.

The limp/raise from MP2 can be just about anything. I see this tons of time and mostly if they are around to showdown it's not a limp/raise hand that they have. More often than not, it's a marginal hand they are limp/raising with.

The flop is good for you (could have been better with a 4) but there is no scary card out there except for 2 spades. I like the flop line.

Turn is ok.

River, nice value bet. You are ahead here tons of times. They checking down on the river means weakness and you have the best hand which means MP2 made an annoyed limp/raise and button used his position with 2 broadways.

Which is what brings me to the next question here. Why do you guys think it's bad to bet the turn? I'm in the same line as beset here with a bet since it's highly likely MP2 3 bet with air (higher cards than the board tho) and button raised because of position and high cards. His action on the flop tells me he don't have a pp and don't have a made hand yet so the 2 of spades which gives us an OESD is good news for us. I would probably bet here 75% of the time since I don't mind being called aslong as the river isn't another spade or A or K but that is a chance I must take to increase the pot where I am likely ahead.