View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 03:06 PM

Default Re: 215 blind battle.. what do YOU do?

I'm a regular 215 player. so here's my input. I think you played it perfectly. Preflop, he says that line about not to be scared of his pocket pair. This sounds like something I'd type when I have a monster, cuz I'm using reverse reverse psychology, meaning that I want him to think that I have a medium pocket pair but am "intimidating him" into thinking I might have a big pair.

I'll make a similar move when someone raises me and I have kings or aces, I'll take a long time to "think" about it, and then I'll type in "i have a pair" while I'm deliberating, making it look like I have a small pair. And then I'll push.

Ok, so there's sign number 1 that he has a big pocket. Sign #2: He minraises. This would be a crappy move by him if he actually did have a pocket pair, UNLESS it's kings or aces. Even queens are too vulnerable to do this with.

So on the flop, we gotta find out right away if we're ahead.
Now, the preflop bettor bet the pot, as would be expected, it's a standard bet but on the high end. Which makes me think that he does have an overpair but maybe it is vulnerable, like QQ, and he doesn't want you checking behind, especially because you could have any 2, and he doesn't want to give you a chance to make some funky 2 pair or straight.

If you only minraise, he could call behind with a lot of hands you beat, such as AK, or with a monster like aces, so you still won't know where you stand. Your bet makes it look like you are committing yourself, and it doesn't look like a set because you'd probably just call or minraise with a set.
And his reraise majorly looks like a monster, because even though it's looking like you're committing yourself, he still doesn't want to lose you by pushing allin, although he's obviously committing both of you with that reraise.

To me, it majorly smells like queens or kings. You played it right Raptor. See you on the tables.