View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Ugly Postflop Situation w/ JJ ($109)

[ QUOTE ]

I fold this and at a 109, I don't think it's close. It is so not close that I only have to think about 5 more seconds to fold aces. If you put the coldcaller on a 9 or something, you will wind up busting out a lot more than you should*.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't fold Aces here, because I've seen QQ/KK "slowplayed" so often. I include them in the BB's range.

JJ is a fold here, and I do think it's a tough spot, but it's gotta go in the muck. You beat exactly one hand BB could have (TT) and even then I think 65, 87, 55, 66, 99 are all much more common.

Edit: Let's put it another way. You raised in EP. Then you bet the flop, which represents an overpair. You could be c-betting with unpaired overs. Then, MP minraises you, which represents "I can beat your overpair and I don't mind giving a free card." Then the BB coldcalls, which means "I think I can beat both of your overpairs and I want to keep you in". The stacks are not really deep enough for the BB to make this with air and expect to take it away on a later street... I have to give an unknown BB who hasn't gotten out of line credit for the ability to fold A9 here in a $109.